We are a dynamic company, with a distinct culture, where ideas and passion are welcomed and you get real responsibility from day one. We like people who are smart and independent, but we don’t like ego.
Every role promises adventure and reward. You will travel to or live in fast- paced and energetic markets among the most exciting to do business in today.
We are a for profit business that respects low-income families as savvy, discerning customers. We build local teams that foster learning and we support growth and development.
Our recruitment process is rigorous, but it has helped us build an impressive team that shares a strong bond. If you match the profile we want to hear from you.Say hello and send in your CV
LOCATION: London, UK (some international travel required)
TYPE: Full-time, permanent
REPORTS TO: Global Head of Programme Management
BIMA is one of the fastest-growing impact and tech companies in the world. We use disruptive mobile technology to bring insurance and health services to consumers with low incomes. BIMA is committed to disrupting the traditional insurance industry and democratizing access to vital services for billions of under-served families around the globe. In nine years, we’ve built a customer base of over 30 million subscribers in 11 countries across Africa & Asia.
Joining BIMA at this stage provides an opportunity for you to truly influence the strategy of a global, growing business. We are a vibrant company where ideas and passion are welcomed, and you get real responsibility from day one.
We have brought together some of the best talent from World leading organisations to create a company that truly celebrates diversity. Our people are our greatest asset and, as an equal opportunities employer encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to work with us.
BIMA, where innovation, diversity and respect are at the heart of our culture.
Global Project Manager
We’re looking for an experienced customer & digital project manager who will be responsible for the timely and high-quality delivery of one of BIMA’s most strategic projects in alliance with GIZ (German Corporation for International Cooperation GmbH) and Allianz. This is a Public Private Partnership where the Global Project Manager will play a critical role in managing our relationship with GIZ and Allianz by completing the delivery of scoped initiatives. This is a multi-channel customer engagement project, offering online and offline experiences and is one of the most strategic projects on BIMA’s Customer Engagement roadmap.
Reporting directly to the Global Head of Programme Management, this is a critical role within the organization and he or she will need to manage a wide range of stakeholders, including internal BIMA central functions, particularly Product, Marketing and Engineering, and senior stakeholders at BIMA, Allianz and GIZ.
This role requires a true passion for making an impact in underserved communities and will be at the centre of delivering some of the most exciting digital experiences and journeys to BIMA’s customers in emerging markets.
Delivering the pre-scoped initiatives whilst effectively managing internal and external stakeholders is central to the role and responsibilities. Specific responsibilities include:
• Project managing the scoped initiatives from design to go live, ensuring milestones are reached within the agreed timeframe, requirements are well defined, and SDLC best practice are embedded throughout project lifecycle to deliver an excellent customer experience to BIMA’s customers
• Stakeholder and relationship management across BIMA, GIZ, and Allianz, preparation for governance meetings as well as communication of key actions to the project teams
• Review and a keen understanding of business requirements and the ability to translate them into technical requirements where necessary, whilst always ensuring that the solutions deliver customer value within project budget and timelines
• Owning and managing project budget, project plans, and the governance framework
• Being the internal ambassador for the project and the partnership within BIMA, continuously tracking delivery and engaging with BIMA Product, Engineering and Marketing teams as well as BIMA’s market teams to drive a collaborative and outcome focused delivery culture
• Governance of pilots within the project, ensuring key metrics are defined and agreed and that results are coordinated and communicated effectively
• Tracking the delivery of agreed project results and KPIs across all workstreams. S/he will ensure that donor standards are reached in the implementation of the project and that the delivery meets BIMA’s high standards
• Coordination of all reporting back to our strategic partners: GIZ and Allianz on a monthly and quarterly basis
• 3-5 years of project management experience, either in an in-house transformation function or from management consulting (customer & digital focus preferred)
• Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
• Proficiency with translating business to technical requirements (or vice versa) with excellent attention to detail
• An understanding of customer journey mapping, customer experience and the importance of delivering the maximum value to customers within agreed resources and scope
• Knowledge of cloud-based customer engagement or marketing cloud platforms (i.e. Salesforce Marketing Cloud) and multi-channel customer engagement strategies
• Proactive, highly independent, and can-do approach to work, with a keen interest in getting into detail with content and comfort with “rolling their sleeves up” to complete delivery
• Positive and professional attitude to drive cross-functional and cross-geographical collaboration across multiple zones, strong leadership in creating a collaborative and delivery focused culture
• A keen interest in understanding BIMA’s customers in emerging markets, ability to empathize with their needs, and always representing their needs as we design and deliver customer engagement initiatives
• Ability to work under pressure with multiple external partners and internal functions, and flexibility to navigate changes in a rapidly growing company environment
• Previous experience of having worked in cross-functional and international teams preferred, with emerging market experience desirable but not necessary
• International travel will be expected
Please send CV and cover letter clearly marked Global Project Manager in the subject lineApply Now