LOCATION: UK (international travel required)
TYPE: Full-time, permanent
REPORTS TO: Head of Product Management
At BIMA we deeply understand how to build products that people love and need. We are driven by our purpose to protect everyone’s future. We also incorporate fun and play which infuses joy by creating experiences that amaze and delight. We care deeply about our customers and creating delight for them – we hope you do too!
Create Massive Impact
We are neither solving a small problem nor addressing a small market. Our market is 2 billion people globally. Plus, we are operating in the most difficult product space but one which has the most impact on people’s lives – Healthcare and Insurance in developing economies in Asia and Africa for people who aren’t covered by existing solutions. Our ambition is to capture the complete value chain in both product spaces.
As a BIMA Product Manager / Owner you will have a massive impact: on scaling BIMA’s product space to help protect the future of every family in our markets.
Do the best and most impactful work of your life
As a Product Manager/Owner, you’ll have the opportunity to craft & build amazing product experiences to delight our customers.
Our team have people who have built products at Facebook, Skyscanner, Gojek, Reevoo, Standard and Poor’s, DT one, IBM, HP etc. amongst founding some amazing startups. Our investors are among the world’s biggest and most impactful investors.
This time, we’re swinging for beyond the fences. We are building a household brand and a worldwide organization. We are here to do the best work of our lives, and we hope you are too!
Are you tired of helping millions of people say less in 160 characters? Perhaps you want to build something more than better optimized cat videos. Do you want to help people who others have ignored or are you happy building an app to ensure people have more option for pizza toppings? Then come and make the lives of millions of people in Asia and Africa better by joining BIMA and help us build their futures.
- Craft amazing product experiences that delight every time.
- Collaborate with engineering, marketing and local/regional countries to deliver a product and brand of remarkable quality
- Combine qualitative research and quantitative analysis to inform crucial product decision while understanding local market nuances.
- Own and drive projects from ideation through implementation and launch, focusing on excellent execution.
- Contribute to and collaborate on a wide spectrum of product initiatives including user experience design (offline and online), solution honing, growth strategy, customer research and product marketing.
- Deeply understand and embody the voice of the customer.
Sound like you?
- Experience: You have 5+ years of software product management experience
- Technical Background: You have a computer Science or technical degree or have worked with software engineering in the past
- Curious: You love exploring new and existing paradigms to add to your repertoire of ideas and solutions. You are exceptionally curious about product experience and how users will respond to them.
- Empathetic: You deeply understand how customers think. You can accurately predict how changes will make them feel. You enjoy creating delight.
- Excellent Communication: You are comfortable and confident sharing your thoughts in verbal or written form. You can engage constructively in debate and discussion with your colleagues and peers.
- Remote working: It is essential that you have experience building products with multiple remotely located teams.
- Domain: Ideally you will have insure-tech or health-tech experience, but this isn’t essential. – what is essential is that you are passionate about helping underserved families and that this passion is brought to your work at BIMA,
Why BIMA ?
BIMA has a very distinct culture. We like people who are smart and independent, but we don’t like ego. We share our ideas as readily as we do our opinions and are respectful when doing so. We are driven and ambitious but most importantly we never lose our sense of humour.
Everyone in the BIMA team shares a passion for adventure. We look for bold people who love to travel, experience different cultures and try new things.
Our recruitment process is rigorous, but it has helped us build an impressive, dynamic team that shares a strong bond. If you match this profile, we want to hear from you.