BIMA has made a series of senior appointments to its Management Team. The hires will support the development of new business divisions and markets, as well as strengthen operations in existing markets.
New joiners include:
- José Martin, Health Division Manager, Global. José will guide the expansion of BIMA’s m-Health business. His responsibilities include the development of proprietary technology platforms, new products and service delivery models. José also provides strategic oversight of BIMA’s m-Health governance and compliance framework. José is a qualified MD and joins from Telefonica, where he was a Director on the Global e-Health Team
- Anand Datta, Country Manager, Asia. Anand is in charge of launching BIMA’s newest market in Asia, with a focus on business development and regulatory negotiations. Anand joins from e-commerce start-up Magic Pin and has experience working in financial and strategy roles for companies such as Franklin Templeton, Bain and Tata Steel
- Donald Mitchell, Operations Manager Fiji & Pacific Islands. Donald runs BIMA’s expanding operations in the Pacific Island region. His previous roles include management positions within PackLeader Pacific, the Ministry of Tourism, Vodafone and the Bible Society of the South Pacific. He holds a Diploma in Project Management from the University of New England, Armidale NSW Australia. & MBA from the University of the South Pacific in Fiji
- Tim Burkly, Deputy Country Manager, Uganda. Tim has strategic responsibility for growing new partnerships, product development and marketing for the Ugandan operation. Previously he has held roles with Rocket Internet Group and has experience working in the African market
We also welcome a new member of the Board:
- Tom Craig Executive Director at Milicom Group. Tom has 27 years experience in the Telecommunications including roles on the board of BT Global Services and Vodafone Group. For the last 4 years he has specialized in high growth emerging markets with Ooredoo and most recently Millicom Group